Last school year, I discovered patterned and holographic vinyl, and I’ve been a little obsessed with both ever since. I’m always looking for projects in which I can use these super fun varieties of adhesive vinyl.
Most of my daughter’s school supplies are pretty generic, but we have fun decorating her big three-ring binder. She uses this binder daily to organize all of her paperwork for fourth grade. Last year, we cut out her name and a gymnast from holographic vinyl and stuck the design on the front pocket of her binder. A friend gave her a sheet of beach themed scrapbooking paper to put inside the pocket behind the image, which really made the design stand out.
We took the idea one step further this year, adding a cute inspirational quote.
Here are the supplies we used:
- Patterned adhesive vinyl. We found our design at Hobby Lobby, but you can find an abundance of cute designs on Amazon.
- A sheet of beach themed scrapbooking paper.
- Gymnast design from the Silhouette store: 41840
- Silhouette Cameo 3 desktop cutting machine
First, Jayda picked out a cute inspirational quote from Pinterest: Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
I measured the front of the binder and designed the sticker to fit the space. If you don’t know how to write in a circle, here’s how to do it:
- Use the circle tool to create a circle.
- Type your text.
- Double click your text so you get a bright green box around it. Drag the text on top of the circle. The text will wrap around the circle. You can play with the size and font of the text to make it fit.
I used the font: Be Bright for the quote. I used Jambo for Jayda’s name.
After cutting the vinyl, I weeded it. Then I added a piece of transfer tape so I could place the entire image on the binder at once.
I also cut out a blue circle to place inside the pocket behind the design so it would stand out more.
It was a quick and easy project, but it made her binder look so cute!